Story Behind This Mural
This mural was possible with the generous support of Linda Cabot and Ed Anderson
Honorary Conservation Partner
& Presented by HarborArts
Artist Statement"'A Vital and Vibrant Ocean For All' features a critically endangered North Atlantic right whale emanating a mandala with the earth as its focal point. In several cultures, the mandala represents harmony, unity, and wholeness, all of which are important concepts when considering the interconnected nature of the planet's ecosystems, people, and species.
The mandala includes floral ornaments symbolizing harmony in bloom, but also flames as a reminder of the perils of global warming. The 'One Ocean—One People' and 'Protect the Blue Planet' text within the mural and the blue color palette emphasize the crucial connection between healthy oceans and a healthy planet."
— Shepard Fairey
The FocusHumanity’s responsibility to protect our planet
Take Action• Educate yourself about what’s happening to our oceans.
• Bring your own! Say no to single-use plastics.
• Eat as local as possible, and educate yourself about sustainable seafood choices
• Reduce your carbon footprint and energy consumption.
• Volunteer with local climate action initiatives and conservation efforts in your community.
• Vote for the environment and call your representatives.
• Vote with your dollar by supporting brands and organizations working towards a sustainable future.