Reduce your own plastic footprint by
- Using a reusable water bottle and avoiding drinks bottled in plastic
- Bringing your own bag, cup, utensils, straw, etc.
- Shopping in bulk, reducing packaging waste
- Choosing reusable and compostable goods over less sustainable materials
If you do eat seafood (marine life), you can be a responsible consumer by
- Choosing to eat species that are lower on the foodchain. Think sardines over tuna.
- Refer to consumer guides such as Seafood Watch and only eat species that are considered sustainable.
- Look out for catch harvested using non-commercial, more sustainable fishing methods such as spearfishing and pole-and-line.